Friday, June 10, 2016

EDCC Hive Check - Inside the Bee Hive

Hey everyone,

It's time for my penultimate vlog of the season, covering our visit to the EDCC on campus beehives. I'm interested in keeping bees myself once I have the resources available so it was a really cool experience to see the set-up we have on campus and check out how the bees were doing. Mary and Anthony were really great at pointing out what to look for and we got a lot of good information about the bees.
The two hives we have on campus have Orange Italian and Caucasian Honey Bees. Take a look at the video to check them out in action! (It's a fair bit longer of a video than I usually uploaded, so I may make a more abridged version in the future)


Make sure to like the EDCC beekeeping facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment